MHT also advocates friendly policies for its poor members with the concerned departments at the municipal, state and national levels.
- Being a member of the National Taskforce, 2000 on ‘Housing Finance for the Informal Sector’, MHT is able to influence pro-poor housing finance activities in the government and private sector.
- In 2000, MHT also initiated a National Level Campaign on microfinance for infrastructure.
- MHT is a member of the National Level Monitoring Committee, which is instituted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (MHUPA) for Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission.
- MHT has facilitated Pro-poor Electrification Programme as well as billing system with the municipal corporations of various cities.
- MHT has formulated the water and sanitation policy for the poor in 2008 for the Ministry of Housing and urban Poverty Alleviation (MHUPA).
- MHT is a member on the expert committee for the Rajiv Awass Yojana of the Government of Gujarat.
- MHT is a member of the affordable housing task force set-up by the Prime Minister of India in 2008.
- MHT is a member of the National Level Committee set up by the MHUPA for ‘Housing Micro Finance Companies for the Poor’ in 2009.
- MHT is also a member on the Expert Committee formulated by MHUPA for the Rajiv Awass Yojana.